Pengaruh Muse pada Perkembangan Remaja part 3: Essay (English)

(Peringatan: tidak seperti sebelumnya, entri yang ini ditulis sepenuhnya dalam Bahasa Inggris, untuk alasan tugas)


Muse are an English rock band from Teignmouth, Devon, formed in 1994. The band consists of Matt Bellamy (lead vocals, guitar, keyboards), Chris Wolstenholme (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Dominic Howard (drums). Their main genre is rock; however, it doesn’t consist of pure rock, but rather alternative rock, progressive rock, hard rock, art rock, space rock, and even electronics. Described as an alternative rockspace rock, and progressive rock band, Muse mix sounds from genres such as electronic musicprogressive metal and art rock, and forms such as classical musicrock opera and many others. In 2002, Bellamy described Muse as a "trashy three-piece". In 2005, Pitchfork described Muse's music as "firmly ol' skool at heart: proggy hard rock that forgoes any pretensions to restraint ... their songs use full-stacked guitars and thunderous drums to evoke God's footsteps." AllMusic described their sound as a "fusion of progressive rock, glamelectronica, and Radiohead-influenced experimentation." On the band's association with progressive rock, Howard said: "I associate it [progressive rock] with 10-minute guitar solos, but I guess we kind of come into the category. A lot of bands are quite ambitious with their music, mixing lots of different styles – and when I see that I think it's great. I've noticed that kind of thing becoming a bit more mainstream." This essay will describe the influence Muse had in instruments, based on two of its most popular songs, “Hysteria” and “Starlight”.
                Hysteria" (also known as "Hysteria (I Want It Now)" in the United States)  is featured on their third studio albumAbsolution. It was also released as a single from that album on 1 December 2003 in the United Kingdom, peaking at number 17 in the UK Singles Chart (see 2003 in British music). The song is also well known for its intricate bass line, which was voted the sixth best bass line of all time on MusicRadar. It reached number 9 in the US on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart. Here are some of the comments from the previous blogs, which are translated into English
                The first comment comes from Shofia, she said “Fantastic instrument 😆’. The second and third comment are anonymous, and they said “The instrument are indeed very cool, but it made your mood runny every time I listened to it 😆✌” and “The instrument is absolute”. Vienna Francesca said “I first time heard Muse’s songs because of my uncle who introduced it to me. This song (Hysteria) is one of my favs from muse and its badass instrument can be a mood booster for me sometimes. Maybe for some people who didn’t like songs on this genre, they think that their songs can make people gone too hurry. Thanks. V”. Aulia Hegarsari said “Overall, the instruments aren’t too different from those of its genre, but the opening guitar has Muse’s characteristics on it.” Another Anonym said “The instrument is very very cool. Actually, the song is good, but the genre is not on my taste. In my opinion, this genre is preferred more by men, proven by the audience who are mostly males. Thank you.” Novia Ardellia said “The instrument is interesting enough, but me personally doesn’t really like a music genre like this. So I cannot give a more detailed comment regarding its strength and weakness. Yet another Anonym said “I love that instrument😊”, while the last anonym said “Its instrument can make composed people rocking suddenly, here :D It’s just like its title “Hysteria”, it can make the band’s fans gone hysterical and screaming uncontrollably. Though maybe the fan of rock genre like this will comment in more detiail.”
                Starlight" is a song by English alternative rock band Muse from their fourth studio album Black Holes and Revelations (2006). It was released on 4 September 2006 in the United Kingdom as the second single from Black Holes and Revelations. The lyric "Our hopes and expectations, black holes and revelations" gives the album its title. According to the music sheet published at Musicnotes.com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing, "Starlight" is an alternative rock song. It is set in the time signature of common time and composed in a moderate tempo of 121.5 beats per minute with the bridge sped up to 122.5 beats per minute. It is set in the key of B major with Bellamy's vocals ranging from the note of G3 to the note of B4. Here are the other comments from the previous blogs, which are also translated into English:
                The first comment comes from Bertha, she said “In my opinion, this song is very good to raise mood, especially its instruments that makes people very exicted. I will listen to this whenever I feel lazy and want to raise mood, and this song is cool.” An Anonym said “It beat is very fun to listen. In my opinion, this song is fitting to be heard whenever I am driving because its instrument is easy to listen and also fun. One word for this song is funnn.” Another anonym said “Yes, I also like its instrument, it’s more relaxing. I also just listened and watch the video because I rarely listen to music like this 😁, but in my opinion, this song is more fun to listen in a more relaxing time.” Shofia said “I like the instrument very much. I played this song whenever I am upset 😁, can be a mood booster.” Advaita SR said “I like it, the instrument and beat made your lazy mood with vigor. I heard this whenever I’m lazy, and wanting to have a throwback to elementary school times. It’s too good when you aren’t singing it.” Phila Sophi said “Yes, this is more relaxing than the first one “Hysteria”, and this is the first time I listened to it, so it’s “good” for thing song.” Yet another Anonym said “I like the instruments, is chant is good to listen to. Best to hear in the morning, it can be used to raise spirit.” Ayu F said “I like it, it’s good to listen to and it’s not heavy. I listen to it whenever I’m relaxing while I’m on the way.” Novia Ardellia said “Maybe I really don’t like a music genre like this, but in my opinion, the instruments are interesting enough to listen. I listen to it whenever the music is fitting enough to be played.”
                Overall, most people like the music and instruments even though some said that it’s not really within their interested genres. Some of the commenters also said that Muse’s songs are very good to raise your mood, though Starlight is also notable to be relaxing and good to be played when driving a vehicle. While no one commenting on specific instruments, most people likes the instrument and I can say that Muse and its instrument have a good influence on those who listens to it.”

Reference List:

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Pengaruh Muse pada Perkembangan Remaja part 2: Starlight

Pengaruh Muse pada perkembangan remaja. Part 1, Hysteria.